Our pharmacy staff is here to serve all UNM students, faculty, staff, and retirees. We offer a UNM SHAC Pharmacy discount to help save money on all generic medications. We also accept many insurance plans, and don’t worry, the co-pays are usually the same as if you went to your local pharmacy. We also provide text messaging and a mobile app to make using your pharmacy a lot easier. The pharmacy also stocks a variety of over-the-counter products, including dietary supplements. (For information, see Pharmacy Services.)
There is something for everyone. Stop in and check us out!
--Christian Hermosillo, Pharm.D., MBA, SHAC Pharmacy Manager
Pharmacy Hours - Fall 2018 (Eff. Aug. 17, 2018)
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Per state law, in the event that there is only one pharmacist on duty, the SHAC Pharmacy will be closed 11:30 AM-12:30 PM for lunch.
PLEASE NOTE: SHAC is closed on all official UNM holidays (and campus closures due to weather/unforeseen circumstances). See SHAC Hours of Operation.
Pharmacy Location & Contact Information
The Pharmacy is located in room 206 on the second floor of Student Health & Counseling (SHAC).
Phone: (505) 277-6306 | E-Mail: email@example.com
Tips to help make your pharmacy visit go smoothly:
- Present your ID. You must have a student or staff ID to visit the Pharmacy. Always present your current insurance card along with your prescription.
- Tell the pharmacist about any known allergies to medications or food.
- Tell the pharmacist about any other medications you are taking. Include prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Plan in advance. Take your prescription to the Pharmacy as soon as possible so that you can start your medication as directed by your doctor.
- For patient confidentiality, please inform us if you plan to have someone else pick up your prescription.
For more information, click on the links in the Pharmacy's sub menu.