Pharmacy - About
Our pharmacy staff is here to serve all UNM students, staff and faculty.
We offer a UNM SHAC Pharmacy discount to help save money on all generic medications. We also accept many insurance plans, and don’t worry, the co-pays are usually the same as if you went to your local pharmacy. We also provide text messaging and a mobile app to make using your pharmacy a lot easier. The pharmacy also stocks a variety of over-the-counter products, including dietary supplements. (For information, see Pharmacy Services.)
Pharmacy Hours - Spring 2021
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 800 AM-5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
NOTE: The Pharmacy will be closed on Thu., Jan. 28, 2021 to relocate to the SHAC Plaza Level.
To reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19:
- Before visiting the Pharmacy, call: (505) 277-6306, option 0
We will have someone bring your prescription out to you at SHAC's west entrance.
NOTE: Wait times may vary depending upon peak hours of the day (e.g., lunch hour and end of the day). We appreciate your patience.
- If you are in need of a prescription refill only: Please secure message your provider through the SHAC Health Portal to request that refill.
- For birth control pills (oral contraception) only: Please call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 to schedule a phone appointment with a SHAC medical provider.
- All Pharmacy copays are being charged to your UNM Bursar's account, unless given a debit or credit card number over the phone.
- See also: SHAC During COVID
PLEASE NOTE: SHAC is closed on all official UNM holidays (and campus closures due to weather/unforeseen circumstances). See SHAC Hours of Operation.
Pharmacy Location & Contact Information
The Pharmacy is located in room 206 on the second floor of Student Health & Counseling (SHAC).
Phone: (505) 277-6306 | E-Mail: email@example.com
- Pharmacy Services
- Prescription Refills
- Prescription Transfers
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Products
- Privacy Practices
Tips to help make your pharmacy visit go smoothly:
- Present your ID. You must have a student or staff ID to visit the Pharmacy. Always present your current insurance card along with your prescription.
- Tell the pharmacist about any known allergies to medications or food.
- Tell the pharmacist about any other medications you are taking. Include prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Plan in advance. Take your prescription to the Pharmacy as soon as possible so that you can start your medication as directed by your doctor.
- For patient confidentiality, please inform us if you plan to have someone else pick up your prescription.