Pharmacy - About
Our pharmacy staff is here to serve all UNM students, staff and faculty.
We offer a UNM SHAC Pharmacy discount to help save money on all generic medications. We also accept many insurance plans, and don’t worry, the co-pays are usually the same as if you went to your local pharmacy. We also provide text messaging and a mobile app to make using your pharmacy a lot easier. The pharmacy also stocks a variety of over-the-counter products, including dietary supplements. (For information, see Pharmacy Services.)
Pharmacy Hours - Spring 2021
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 800 AM-5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
How to Access the Pharmacy on Plaza Level
The Pharmacy is located on the SHAC Plaza Level.
SHAC Pharmacy is now open to the public. To access the Pharmacy, please utilize the west plaza entrance and follow the procedures.
There will be no clinic access from the Pharmacy.
Wait times may vary depending upon peak hours of the day (e.g., lunch hour and end of the day). We appreciate your patience.
- If you are in need of a prescription refill only: Please secure message your provider through the SHAC Health Portal to request that refill.
- For birth control pills (oral contraception) only: Please call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 to schedule a phone appointment with a SHAC medical provider.
- All Pharmacy copays are being charged to your UNM Bursar's account, unless given a debit or credit card number over the phone.
- See also: SHAC During COVID
PLEASE NOTE: SHAC is closed on all official UNM holidays (and campus closures due to weather/unforeseen circumstances). See SHAC Hours of Operation.
Pharmacy Location & Contact Information
The Pharmacy is located on the Plaza Level of Student Health & Counseling (SHAC).
Phone: (505) 277-6306 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacy Services
- Prescription Refills
- Prescription Transfers
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Products
- Privacy Practices
Tips to help make your pharmacy visit go smoothly:
- Present your ID. You must have a student or staff ID to visit the Pharmacy. Always present your current insurance card along with your prescription.
- Tell the pharmacist about any known allergies to medications or food.
- Tell the pharmacist about any other medications you are taking. Include prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Plan in advance. Take your prescription to the Pharmacy as soon as possible so that you can start your medication as directed by your doctor.
- For patient confidentiality, please inform us if you plan to have someone else pick up your prescription.