SHAC Flu Shot Clinics - Thank You to Our Partners
October 14, 2021
We are pleased to announce the results of the SHAC Flu Shot Clinics offered on October 5 and 6, 2021 at the SHAC Plaza. A total of 1,877 students, staff and faculty were immunized at this two-day event.
A huge shout out to those mentioned below, as we could not have done this without our campus partners. Thank you to all of those who were involved and to those that supported the efforts.
2021 Flu Shot Partners
- UNMH—vaccine and supplies, Deb Romero, RN chair of the flu committee and Lisa Anselmo, PharmD pharmacist who helps with flu vaccine distribution for public events
- HSC—Monica Martinez, MD (SOM), Amy Bachyrycz, PharmD (COP), and Maggie Faber, MSN, RN, PCCN (CON)—Academic partners who recruited health care student volunteers and their faculty preceptors to provide shots
- UNM Employee Health Services
- Volunteers from the NM Medical Reserve Corps
- UNM Employee Health Promotion—Tracey Briggs, her staff, and their organization of student and other volunteers for administrative duties
- UNM Human Resources—Employees for helping staff the event
- UNM Student Health & Counseling (SHAC)
- Health Promotion staff for setting up, taking down, and ensuring the flow of the clinic was not only educational but also ran smoothly
- The Lobo Prevention Pack for keeping our patients hydrated, informed, and the great jams!
- The Allergy & Immunization clinic RNs—Gina, Andrea, Margot, Betsy and Lisa for ensuring that the flu shot clinics followed all protocols and all patients were given A+ care!
- Student Employees—for assisting SHAC staff as needed
- UNM Facilities for setting up tents each day and UNM Housekeeping who keeps all our buildings clean and beautiful for these events!
- and...The numerous student volunteers!
If you have not yet gotten your flu shot, there are numerous public events that you can still attend!