Graduate Student Health Insurance
The University of New Mexico sponsors a Student Health Insurance.
Students eligible for this benefit include:
- Graduate Students holding a Teaching Assistantship (TA)
- Graduate Assistantship (GA) Students
- Research Assistantship (RA) or Project Assistantship as determined by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Medical Doctorate Students
- Physician Assistant (PA) Students
- Pharmacy Doctorate Students
- Medical Health Profession (MHP) Students
- We do not offer services to spouses/dependents.
- For information on Student Health Insures, please visit the University of New Mexico NM Human Resources: Student Health Plan: Human Resources | The University of New Mexico (unm.edu)
- For more information, you can call Academic Blue at 1 (844) 866-2224
Graduate students not eligible for this health plan can receive medical care at Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) for the uninsured with a self-pay discount. SHAC is available to all currently enrolled UNM students. For more information regarding services available at SHAC and to get help with researching other insurance options, call (505) 277-3136 or visit the SHAC website.