UNM International Student Insurance
The University of New Mexico has selected the Student Secure health insurance plan(s) for international students in short-term programs or between insurance plans because they provide coverage at affordable rates that meet the minimum governmental requirements for international students.
Once students enroll, they will receive an immediate email with a link to their Student Zone, where they can submit and track claims. Here's the link directly to the Student Zone for those who have purchased ISI insurance - https://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/student-zone/world-trips/
ISI insurance holders must complete claims for each new injury or illness. Claim forms in English and Spanish can be accessed online here.
We strongly encourage you to submit your claims through your Student Zone account, as this will result in faster claims processing.
You can also access the claim form and submit the following documents directly to World Trips via email at email@example.com for processing. Here is what you need to submit:
- Fully completed claim form
- Copy of photo page of your passport
- Copy of your I-20 or DS2019, if applicable
- Copy of your visa in your passport
Click here for a sample copy of the insurance ID card for ISI Insurance.
Students are encouraged to review each plan’s benefits and exclusions and frequently asked questions to familiarize themselves with how the plans work and what they cover.
- International Students in Degree or Exchange Programs: https://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/school_requirements/3708/University_of_New_Mexico.html
- CELAC (Intensive English) Students: https://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/school_requirements/6902/University_of_New_Mexico_-_CELAC.html
- UNM J1 Research Scholars: https://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/school_requirements/6901/University_of_New_Mexico_-_Scholars.html