Medical Records Release

For UNM Student Health & Counseling (SHAC)

Current UNM Students:

Please complete the SHAC Release of Medical Information Form on the SHAC Health Portal.

Former UNM Students:

E-mail or call SHAC at (505) 277-3136.


  • All medical records will only be sent via the SHAC Health Portal or postal mail.
  • There may be a fee for the information released.

Medical Records for UNM Hospitals (UNMH) and UNM Health Sciences Center (UNMHSC)


If you need information from UNM Hospitals or the UNM Health Sciences Center clinics, please visit the UNMH / UNMHSC - Request Medical Records website for forms and contact information.

SHAC does not have access to their records and cannot process those requests.