Flu Shots for Students & UNM Community - Fall 2021
The UNM "Main Event"
Free walk-up flu shot clinics are available for anyone ages 18 and older and are offered 10:00 AM-2:00 PM on the following dates/locations:
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, Hokona Hall Ballroom
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, Lobo Rainforest
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, Lobo Village
Additional Flu Shot Options
- UNM Students - by appointment only @ SHAC:
Call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 to schedule an appointment for a free flu shot.
"Take One for Raymond": SHAC dedicates their annual flu shots in memory of UNM student Raymond Plotkin, who passed away from the H1N1 virus in 2009.
- UNM Faculty / Staff - by appointment only @ EOHS or LoboCare:
Employee Occupational Health Services (EOHS), Family Practice Center, 2400 Tucker NE: EOHS will give flu shots by appointment only to UNM/HSC staff. Call EOHS front desk at (505) 272-8043.
LoboCare Clinic, 1101 Medical Arts Ave. NE, Bldg 4, Suite A. Employees and dependents enrolled in a UNM or UNMH employer-sponsored health plan are eligible to participate in the LoboCare Network. Call (505) 272-8481 to schedule an appointment for a flu shot.
- New Mexico Department of Health:
The NM Department of Health offers vaccinations for people without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get vaccinated. For information on locations in your area, visit the Public Health Offices page. Or, call the Immunization Hotline at 1-800-280-1618 (option 4).
- CDC Flu Vaccine Finder: Find a local pharmacy near you that offers flu shots.
- Many local pharmacies and/or your primary care provider may have flu shots available.
See also: UNM Fall 2021 Flu Shot Webpage
- Bringing Back the Pack - Vaccine Information for UNM Community
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration System - NM Dept of Health
* * * Protecting Yourself and Others This Flu Season * * *
Fight Germs. Wash Your Hands!
Protocol - When Making an Appointment to Be Seen at SHAC:
- Call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 before coming to the clinic and/or scheduling an appointment.
- Identify yourself as having flu-like symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, runny nose).
- UNM Coronavirus Webpage
- NM Department of Health Coronavirus Webpage
- FAQs: Influenza - CDC
- FAQs: Cold vs. Flu - CDC
- FAQs: Novel Coronavirus - CDC
- Influenza Informational Handout for UNM Dorm Students
Do you have questions or concerns about the flu? Call UNM Student Health & Counseling at (505) 277-3136.
"Take One for Raymond" Flu Shot & Scholarship Initiative
UNM SHAC dedicates their annual flu shot clinics in memory of UNM student Raymond Plotkin, who passed away from the H1N1 virus in 2009.
Raymond’s parents established the “Take One for Raymond” Initiative and Scholarship program to encourage everyone to get their seasonal flu shots.
Click here for more information.