Contact Info / Location, Parking & Hours / FAQs
|General Information & Appointments||(505) 277-3136|
|Emergencies, After-Hours Options (Resource List)|
|Medical: On-Call Service Regarding Students Only||(505) 277-3136; Option #2|
|Counseling: On-Call Service Regarding Students Only||(505) 277-3136; Option #3|
|Other Important Numbers|
|Campus Police||(505) 277-2241|
|COSAP - Campus Office of Substance Abuse Prevention||(505) 277-2795|
|UNM Hospitals||(505) 272-2411|
|UNM Psychiatric Center||(505) 272-2800|
Mail - US Postal Address
UNM Student Health & Counseling (SHAC)
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131-0001
The University of New Mexico
Student Health & Counseling (SHAC)
Albuquerque NM 87131-0001
PLEASE NOTE: Electronic mail is NOT a secure medium of communication. Therefore, we cannot reply to confidential health questions or requests to schedule appointments. However, UNM Students may wish to access SHAC Health Portal, a web-based portal for secure messaging between SHAC patients and providers.
If you are a UNM student, please contact UNM Student Health & Counseling (SHAC) to schedule an appointment at (505) 277-3136.
- Pharmacy Refills: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Questions and/or Comments About SHAC Services: email@example.com
Due to campus COVID-19 changes, SHAC services will be reduced beginning Monday, March 30, 2020 until further notice.
For information about Building Hours, Phone Hours, Access to Services, please see SHAC Reduced In-Person Services.
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, 2020: SHAC will be closed in observance of the holiday. See also SHAC After-Hours Options.
- Hours are subject to change. SHAC is closed on all official UNM holidays (and campus closures due to weather/unforeseen circumstances). For campus updates and cancellations due to weather/unforeseen circumstances, call 277-SNOW (277-7669) or visit the UNM main web site. See also UNM Lobo Alerts and SHAC After-Hours Options.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call SHAC at (505) 277-3136.
Student Health & Counseling (SHAC) is on main campus north of Johnson Center and across the mall from (east of) the Student Union Building (SUB).
Note: SHAC (formerly known as the Student Health Center) is building #73 on the UNM Campus Map.
Limited patient parking is available behind SHAC. Students can obtain parking permits from the Reception Area or the Pharmacy.
- Where is Student Health & Counseling (SHAC) located? Where can I park?
- What are the Hours of Operation for SHAC?
- Where do I go for care when SHAC is closed (or when I have an emergency)?
- How do I know if I am eligible to use SHAC? How much does it cost? What payment options do you offer?
- Do I need health insurance to be seen at SHAC? What insurance plans does SHAC accept?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment to see a health provider? Are same-day medical appointments available?
- What counseling services do you offer?
- What happens if I miss an appointment?
- What are some Frequently Asked Questions for parents, family and friends of UNM students?
- Will all of my health information be kept private / confidential?
- How can I send my medical or counseling records to another health facility?
- How can I find answers to common health-related questions? Is there an online resource for this?
- What health services are available at SHAC for UNM staff, faculty, and retirees?
- Are service and assistance animals allowed at SHAC?
- How do I set up an advance health directive?