UNM Student Health and Counseling is in-network with the following insurance plans:
Medical Insurance Plans
- Continental Plan benefits
- Health Scope
- Meritain Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Centennial
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Health Partners
- Molina Gold
- Molina Silver
- Molina Bronze
- We DO NOT accept out-of-state Molina
- New Mexico Medicaid
- Presbyterian Centennial
- Tricare West
- True Health NM
- United Healthcare
- Harken Health
- HPN Solution
- Oxford Health Plan
- United Healthcare Integrated Services (UHIUHC)
- UHC Students
- All Savers
- UNM Presbyterian (UNM Group Plan Only)
- Western Sky (Medicaid Plan Only)
Please note that we do not accept Medicare plans, Presbyterian Commercial Health Plans, or International Insurance, including World Trips.
Does my insurance plan cover these services?
- Please contact your insurance company to confirm that we are a participating provider for your insurance policy. Your insurance card will help you locate the Customer Service phone number to contact your insurance company.
- Once the service is provided, SHAC will submit a claim to your insurance company. Any non-covered services will be billed to the bursar account per your insurance company’s guidelines.
- Your Insurance Allowable Amount:
The estimated rate your insurance company has agreed to pay for each service provided.
- Your Insurance Co-Pay Amount:
The amount which your insurance company expects you to pay upon each visit.
- Your Insurance Deductible Amount:
The amount you must pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Your Co-Insurance Amount:
The percentage of the amount covered that your insurance requires you to pay.
- Your Estimated Cost:
The estimated amount you will be responsible for paying.
The information provided is a UNM SHAC estimate and is not a guarantee of final billed charges. Final billed charges may vary from UNM SHAC estimates for many reasons, among them the patient's medical condition, unknown circumstances or complications, final diagnosis, and recommended treatment ordered by the physician. Professional fees, such as specialty physician, radiologist, laboratory, and pathologist fees are not included in this estimate. Insurance benefit information (where applicable) is based on information provided by your insurance company as of the date of this estimate. Benefits and eligibility are subject to change and are not a guarantee of payment.
For information on insurance plans accepted at the SHAC Pharmacy, see Pharmacy Insurance, or call the Pharmacy at (505) 277-6306.
Faculty/Staff can use SHAC for limited services. However, SHAC can only bill insurance plans for Faculty/Staff at the Pharmacy.
Insurance / Billing Questions
If you have questions about insurance or billing, contact SHAC and ask to speak to a Billing Representative at (505) 277-3136, Option 4.
Or, send an e-mail to: SHACBilling-L@list.unm.edu