Pharmacy - About
Our pharmacy staff is here to serve all UNM students, faculty, staff, and retirees. We offer a UNM SHAC Pharmacy discount to help save money on all generic medications. We also accept many insurance plans, and don’t worry, the co-pays are usually the same as if you went to your local pharmacy. We also provide text messaging and a mobile app to make using your pharmacy a lot easier. The pharmacy also stocks a variety of over-the-counter products, including dietary supplements. (For information, see Pharmacy Services.)
There is something for everyone. Stop in and check us out!
Pharmacy Hours - Summer 2019: Effective 05/10/19 thru 08/16/19
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Per state law, in the event that only one pharmacist is on duty, the SHAC Pharmacy closes for lunch.
The SHAC Pharmacy will be closed for Inventory on Thu., June 27 and Fri., June 28, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: SHAC is closed on all official UNM holidays (and campus closures due to weather/unforeseen circumstances). See SHAC Hours of Operation.
Pharmacy Location & Contact Information
The Pharmacy is located in room 206 on the second floor of Student Health & Counseling (SHAC).
Phone: (505) 277-6306 | E-Mail: email@example.com
Tips to help make your pharmacy visit go smoothly:
- Present your ID. You must have a student or staff ID to visit the Pharmacy. Always present your current insurance card along with your prescription.
- Tell the pharmacist about any known allergies to medications or food.
- Tell the pharmacist about any other medications you are taking. Include prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Plan in advance. Take your prescription to the Pharmacy as soon as possible so that you can start your medication as directed by your doctor.
- For patient confidentiality, please inform us if you plan to have someone else pick up your prescription.
For more information, click on the links in the Pharmacy's sub menu.