SHAC Health Portal
For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
If you would like to speak to a SHAC staff member, please call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 during our regular business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Login errors may occur: 1) if you are a new student and you are logging in before the first day of classes or 2) if your department hasn't updated your registration status in the Banner system.
Frequently Asked Questions
SHAC Health Portal (SHP) is a secure web-based portal that gives students the ability to:
- communicate with the providers using secure messages;
- view or cancel upcoming appointments;
- fill health history and pre-visit intake forms;
- enter, review and print immunization history; and
- review and correct their contact information on file (address, phone number, e-mail, etc.).
- In a medical emergency, call 911. DO NOT USE SECURE MESSAGING.
- Secure Messages are intended for established patient and provider communications only; otherwise, you may not receive a reply. Please e-mail general and insurance inquiries to: "shc1 at unm dot edu"
- Secure messages should be of a non-urgent nature.
- Messages will only be returned during regular business hours.
- Please note that secure messages and replies will become part of your Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- If your provider is out of the office, they will not respond to your message until they return. If you feel you have not received a timely response, please call the SHAC Reception Area at (505) 277-3136.