SHAC Health Portal
For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
If you would like to speak to a SHAC staff member, please call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 during our regular business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Login errors may occur: 1) if you are a new student and you are logging in before the first day of classes or 2) if your department hasn't updated your registration status in the Banner system.
We have upgraded our Patient Portal improving the security of your healthcare data.
Access to the portal is linked to your UNM NetID. What does this mean?
- You must use your UNM NetID to access the SHAC Patient Portal.
- All notifications from SHAC and your SHAC providers will go to your UNM e-mail address.
- Example: XXXXXX@unm.edu, not XXXXXX@salud.unm.edu
We have updated any address that did not meet this requirement. If you are unable to log in, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
SHAC Health Portal (SHP) is a secure web-based portal that gives students the ability to:
- communicate with the providers using secure messages;
- view or cancel upcoming appointments;
- fill health history and pre-visit intake forms;
- enter, review and print immunization history; and
- review and correct their contact information on file (address, phone number, e-mail, etc.).
- In a medical emergency, call 911. DO NOT USE SECURE MESSAGING.
- Secure Messages are intended for established patient and provider communications only; otherwise, you may not receive a reply. Please e-mail general and insurance inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secure messages should be of a non-urgent nature.
- Messages will only be returned during regular business hours.
- Please note that secure messages and replies will become part of your Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- If your provider is out of the office, they will not respond to your message until they return. If you feel you have not received a timely response, please call the SHAC Reception Area at (505) 277-3136.
Effective 5/23/2022, the SHAC Health Portal login will require students to use Multi-Factor Authentication such as Text (SMS) code, e-mail code, or a push notification from the Microsoft Authenticator App. SHAC is dedicated to protecting our students' healthcare data.