Mission: UNM Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) staff provides quality health services and programs to foster student success and wellness.
Quadruple AIM: Improved Patient Experience, Population/Public Health, Readiness to Learn, and Cost Reduction
Quality Student Experience:
- Student-centered, dynamic approaches to health service delivery.
- Inviting, affordable, accessible, and accredited services.
- Integrated, collaborative, and comprehensive services.
- Programs and Services:
- Improve, support, and elevate personal wellness skills to foster student resilience and academic success.
- Promote a healthy, safe campus, for a positive learning environment.
- Increase the likelihood that students will complete their educational goals, by assisting students with interventions for acute mental or medical health problems.
Data Driven Decisions:
- Data is used to design programs and services, including data measuring quality of care, student satisfaction, service utilization, and resource allocation.
- Programs and services use evidence-based care, benchmark best practices, and continuously improve processes.