SHAC is open for Advanced and Same-Day Medical Appointments, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM. (The last appointment of the day is at 5:30 PM.) On Friday, SHAC is open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
PLEASE NOTE: SHAC offers outpatient health services for all currently enrolled UNM students. SHAC does not offer pediatric care. SHAC is not a provider of emergency medical care. A medical emergency is defined as “posing an immediate threat to life, limb, or body function.”
In case of a medical or counseling emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go directly to a local hospital emergency room.
Schedule appointments in advance with your medical provider for:
- Ongoing care of existing problems or conditions, lab requests, etc.
- Routine physical exams or screening.
- Referral to a specialist, if indicated.
- Referral for lab test from outside MD or clinic.
- Preventive issues, e.g., travel information and evaluation, nutrition, and contraception.
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
Please schedule an appointment in advance whenever possible so you can receive in-depth, comprehensive care. Please arrive 15 minutes early for appointments in order to complete the necessary paperwork and to check in at the Reception Area. Call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 to schedule appointments.
Same-Day medical appointments are available for medical concerns that demand immediate attention, such as:
- Sudden illness
- Worsening of an existing problem
Waiting time depends upon the number of patients and the urgency of the problem.
Call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 early in the day for best availability of appointment times.
To refill a prescription:
- Go to the SHAC Pharmacy or call (505) 277-6306.
- E-mail the Pharmacy.
- Make an appointment with a practitioner.
FAQs | General Information | SHAC Services