Fall 2014 Seasonal Flu Shot Clinics for UNM Students, Staff & Faculty
UNM SHAC will offer FREE flu shots for anyone 18 years old or older from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM at the SUB Atrium on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Monday, November 10, 2014
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014
SHAC's "Take One for Raymond" flu shots are dedicated to the memory of UNM student Raymond Plotkin, who passed away from the H1N1 virus in 2009. Raymond’s parents established the “Take One for Raymond” Initiative and Scholarship Program to encourage everyone to get their seasonal flu shots.
For information about flu shots, call the SHAC Immunization Clinic at 277-7925.
Influenza Prevention Efforts at UNM (eff. Jan. 22, 2014):
"Take One for Raymond" Flu Shot & Scholarship Initiative
UNM SHAC dedicates their annual flu shot clinics in memory of UNM student Raymond Plotkin, who passed away from the H1N1 virus in 2009.
Raymond’s parents established the “Take One for Raymond” Initiative and Scholarship program to encourage everyone to get their seasonal flu shots.
Raymond's Parents @ Fall 2013 Flu Shot Clinics
Elaine and Ronnie Plotkin participated in the SHAC Flu Shot Clinics on Sep. 25 and 26, 2013 at the SUB Atrium. We really appreciated their help!
2013-2014 Scholarship Recipient
The 4rth recipient of the Raymond E. Plotkin Scholarship in the UNM School of Engineering is Joseph A. Paz. He is currently a freshman student in Engineering from Mayfield High School in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Joseph is a General Engineering student, currently taking courses towards a Chemical Engineering degree with a focus in Biomedical Engineering. Joseph is a strong student with a very positive attitude; he is an avid advocate of educating others about MRSA; and has an interest in pursuing a post-bachelor degree.
For more information about the Raymond E. Plotkin Scholarship, visit the UNM School of Engineering website.
For more info about the "Take One for Raymond" Initiative and Scholarship Program, please see the following:
- Flu shot campaign honors past UNM student, Daily Lobo Article by Dr. Peg Spencer, 9/24/13
- "Houston Hillel Raymond Plotkin Fund provides lasting legacy," Jewish Herald Voice article, 11/08/12
- Parents of H1N1 victim encourage students to “take one for Raymond," by Dr. Peg Spencer, Daily Lobo Article, 9/21/12
- Engineering Student Services: Scholarship Recipient Announced (includes detailed info about the Raymond E. Plotkin Scholarship)
- Take One for Raymond Foundation is on Facebook!
- "Student's Legacy Inspires Vaccine Drive", Daily Lobo Article, 9/26/11
- "Take One for Raymond and Protect Yourself From Flu", Daily Lobo Article, 10/4/10
- First Raymond E. Plotkin Scholarship Awarded, UNM News Today, 9/29/10
- "Community Mourns Teen H1N1 Flu Death", Houston Jewish Herald-Voice Article, Nov. 19, 2009
Influenza Updates & Resources:
Prevention Tips & Information:
There are precautions that everyone can take to stay healthy. Good hand washing is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of colds, flu, and other communicable diseases.