SHAC is open for Advanced and Same-Day Medical Appointments, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM. (The last appointment of the day is at 5:30 PM.) On Friday, SHAC is open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
PLEASE NOTE: SHAC offers outpatient health services for all currently enrolled UNM students. SHAC does not offer pediatric care. Students under the age of 18 must have parental consent on file, or legal documentation conferring emancipation. SHAC is not a provider of emergency medical care. A medical emergency is defined as “posing an immediate threat to life, limb, or body function.”
In case of a medical or counseling emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go directly to a local hospital emergency room.
Schedule appointments in advance with your medical provider for:
- Ongoing care of existing problems or conditions, lab requests, etc.
- Routine physical exams or screening.
- Referral to a specialist, if indicated.
- Referral for lab test from outside MD or clinic.
- Preventive issues, e.g., travel information and evaluation, nutrition, and contraception.
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
Please schedule an appointment in advance whenever possible so you can receive in-depth, comprehensive care. Please arrive 15 minutes early for appointments in order to complete the necessary paperwork and to check in at the Reception Area. Call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 to schedule appointments.
Same-Day medical appointments are available for medical concerns that demand immediate attention, such as:
- Sudden illness
- Worsening of an existing problem
Waiting time depends upon the number of patients and the urgency of the problem. The busiest time is from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Call SHAC at (505) 277-3136 early in the day for best availability of appointment times.
To refill a prescription:
- Go to the SHAC Pharmacy or call (505) 277-6306.
- E-mail the Pharmacy.
- Make an appointment with a practitioner.
- To schedule Advanced or Same-Day Appointments, call SHAC at (505) 277-3136.
- SHAC Office Visit Fees for UNM Students (.pdf)
- Please give a 24-hour cancellation notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. See also our No-Show Policy.
- Please help yourself to the Health Education information available in the lobby.
FAQs | General Information | SHAC Services